I talked with the owner in early March 07. He was really happy about the results of last year's improvement in the pond, even though we had some trouble with it for a while. We decided just to keep an eye on it and let me know if anything starts going wrong, or if the fishing gets too good for him to eat them all. He's been buying some of that cut-rate dye from the farm store and said he wasn't going to do that anymore. He wants the good stuff from no on. We'll get some of that on hand for him.
Perry Missouri owner preferred not to have name identified on the Internet. Purchased 4/28/06.
Problem: Pond is in the woods where it can't get wind to blow the "watermeal" off the pond, so it takes over and ruins the pond for anything but being ugly.
Fix: Install AIR-1 and use 1 gallon of Clean & Clear Enzyme Concentrate and 2 pounds of C-Flo 6F Living organisms.
If the watermeal gets ahead of us on this project, we will start the aeration first and kill the watermeal with an aquatic herbicide at the same time. Then we will aerate for at least 2 weeks or more before we add the enzymes and bacteria. The first year will be a problem, and if it persists the second year, we will possibly declare war on the phosphate with a more violent approach.
AIR 1 Aeration System
EMAIL ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT